[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
The Cribs • View topic - The Cribs on Vinyl includes pre order link

The Cribs on Vinyl includes pre order link

Discuss anything about the band in here...

Moderators: Emma B, CribsForum, thefellas, The Cribs

Re: The Cribs on Vinyl includes pre order link

Postby homesickalien on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Maybe it's dust, you can't always see it. I had the same problem with a LP, then located the cause of the dust and when I cleaned that it played flawlessly again! Not sure if you have the same problem, but sometimes you can't see the dust so try cleaning your album and record player!
homesickalien

Postby Lager on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:49 am

The arm may not be heavy enough. Try blu-tacking or sellotaping a 1/5p to the arm. Me and my flatmate both had this problem of tracks skipping or repeating with old turntables and the 5p on the arm fixed the problem completely.
Lager
Relevant

Postby homesickalien on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:54 am

Hey, I like that idea with the 5p, might try it with my vintage looking but not so vintage in reality player. So, thanks! (I think I might use a 2 cent coin though)
homesickalien

Postby billiondollarbabi on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:10 pm

i gave it a good clean and cleaned my turntable which was absolutley flithy :? It did stop the skipping on all the other tracks but there is a small skip on you are always the one and skips at the same place. so there must be a tiny scratch that i can't see, ah well. thank you for the help! :)
... Maybe every minute of everyday we have the choice, to say things could be better or to say they could be worse
billiondollarbabi
I'm Alright Me

Postby Rip_It_Up on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:19 pm

billiondollarbabi wrote:I'm soo sad, played my The Cribs vinyl for the first time in ages and it keeps skipping on some tracks :( and i can see no scratches, dirt anything, it's like it's been cursed or something. at least i have the cd i guess :cry:

Same happened to my copy, I was so annoyed. Made sure there was no dust on it, and it still skipped...
I was tempted to try the 5p on the tone arm trick, but I heard that can damage your records in the long run
Oh well it's an amazing addition to my collection
Rip_It_Up
New Fella

Postby Danabdilla on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:10 am

Hey! If anybody's vinyl is damaged or doesn't work properly (or just if you don't have one) I've got an extra one which they sent me by mistake for free so you can have it if you want. Just message me on twitter or something.. Would just need you to pay shipping though
A world without sin
Is a laughable thing.
Danabdilla
I'm Alright Me

Previous

Return to The Cribs