[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
The Cribs • View topic - The Cribs on Vinyl includes pre order link

The Cribs on Vinyl includes pre order link

Discuss anything about the band in here...

Moderators: Emma B, CribsForum, thefellas, The Cribs

Re: The Cribs on Vinyl includes pre order link

Postby Jemma on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Some dick has put one of these on ebay already, in fact they've bought a load of RSD stuff for ebay...what a wanker
Jemma
I'm Alright Me

Postby Norris on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:15 pm

Jemma wrote:ahh noticed you are from Bury, how rubbish is it that Vibes aren't stocking either Cribs record?

Yeah vibes is rubbish only get the odd good record in there,the stock is old and it never changes.
Thank god i am just a met/bus away from Manchester.Got my name down on the list but there was like 13 people in front on the list oh well.Did get the limited edition Japandroids single for 2 pounds so all gravy.
Norris
New Fella

Postby AzzySmokesCigars on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:31 pm

billiondollarbabi wrote:however am extremly happy, god bless Azzy and his much appreciated reccomendation i waited aroung for Pulled Apart by Horses who were foookin amazin! they were soooo loud! :D got their live at leeds 12" which kinda made up for leaving without the split... kinda :( lol

Nice one! grr we missed them in leeds due to them getting stuck in traffic so they better of been worth it!!!
AzzySmokesCigars
On The Floor

Postby romanticrealist on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:21 am

Jemma wrote:Some dick has put one of these on ebay already, in fact they've bought a load of RSD stuff for ebay...what a wanker

I'd call him a dick just for the shipping, 12 pounds 95p to America, signed-for. (Wichita = 3.50)
"Whatever happened to Scottie Pippen?"
-- Gary Jarman while on the subject of Chicago, 7 Aug 2010
romanticrealist
Bovine

Postby Jemma on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:24 pm

Norris wrote:
Jemma wrote:ahh noticed you are from Bury, how rubbish is it that Vibes aren't stocking either Cribs record?

Yeah vibes is rubbish only get the odd good record in there,the stock is old and it never changes.
Thank god i am just a met/bus away from Manchester.Got my name down on the list but there was like 13 people in front on the list oh well.Did get the limited edition Japandroids single for 2 pounds so all gravy.

ha i know, when i used to go to school in bury they'd look at me in there like i was crazy when I'd ask if they had this weeks releases in. Did once find the first Research LP in there for £4 though.

13 on the Picc list for the split? I'll let you know if I hear anything from them as I was pretty close to the front of the queue. When I'm not at uni I live in Prestwich, so the best of both worlds...and a Manc postcode :)
Jemma
I'm Alright Me

Postby Emma B on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:51 pm

Crash records have around 20 of The Cribs 12" left, these will be available online tomorrow along with other RSD left overs (no Blur mind- i proper wanted that one :( curse the volocano ash and the birth of babies preventing me going)
Emma B
Admin

Postby Norris on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:35 am

Jemma wrote:13 on the Picc list for the split? I'll let you know if I hear anything from them as I was pretty close to the front of the queue. When I'm not at uni I live in Prestwich, so the best of both worlds...and a Manc postcode :)

Yeah that would be great if you get some news on it. Ahhh Prestwich such a nice area went to high school there.
Norris
New Fella

Postby Crash Records on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:44 am

We now have the LP on our website if anyone is after a copy:

http://crashrecords.co.uk/online/produc ... 60&xSec=99
Crash Records
New Fella

Postby romanticrealist on Mon May 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Cross_The_Breeze wrote:I got The Cribs Vinyl this morning! Wichita also threw in the Don't You Wanna Be Relevant 7". I really do love ordering from them :D

I got the 45 too, problem is that I already have that one, and both copies are warped, like if you have the b-side pointing up, a 1/4 of the record or so curves upward. It doesn't ruin the A-side, but Kind Words is nearly unlistenable. Does yours have that problem?
"Whatever happened to Scottie Pippen?"
-- Gary Jarman while on the subject of Chicago, 7 Aug 2010
romanticrealist
Bovine

Postby hanabizzle on Tue May 04, 2010 12:56 am

^ my DYWBR is warped as well, it doesn't affect the play quality (although I hardly ever listen to it) on mine though...
hanabizzle
Feelin' It

Postby Cross_The_Breeze on Wed May 05, 2010 7:59 pm

romanticrealist wrote:
Cross_The_Breeze wrote:I got The Cribs Vinyl this morning! Wichita also threw in the Don't You Wanna Be Relevant 7". I really do love ordering from them :D

I got the 45 too, problem is that I already have that one, and both copies are warped, like if you have the b-side pointing up, a 1/4 of the record or so curves upward. It doesn't ruin the A-side, but Kind Words is nearly unlistenable. Does yours have that problem?

Mine is ever so slightly warped but it doesn't really effect the sound to much. I already have a copy which isn't warped and plays fine.
Cross_The_Breeze
Another Number

Postby spectrum65 on Sun May 09, 2010 7:47 pm

If anyone is still looking for a copy of the 12" then there's a shop in Glasgow (Avalanche Records - now Love Music Glasgow) which I think has one left, they do online sales through Amazon too (http://www.amazon.co.uk/shops/rocks-records-mail-order). I'm not from the shop or anything, just thought I'd stick that up incase anyone is interested. Hope that's ok forum bosses. x
On holiday I saw a nun buying a kebab - somehow that doesn't seem right!
spectrum65
New Fella

Postby Smit93 on Sun May 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Fuck, wish i had some money on my card, hope its still on sale by friday!
Smit93
New Fella

Postby hanabizzle on Sun May 09, 2010 8:15 pm

hanabizzle
Feelin' It

Postby billiondollarbabi on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:42 pm

I'm soo sad, played my The Cribs vinyl for the first time in ages and it keeps skipping on some tracks :( and i can see no scratches, dirt anything, it's like it's been cursed or something. at least i have the cd i guess :cry:
... Maybe every minute of everyday we have the choice, to say things could be better or to say they could be worse
billiondollarbabi
I'm Alright Me

PreviousNext

Return to The Cribs